Last modified: November 16, 2023
Content: means all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or any other materials whatsoever.
Offensive: with reference to language, material, content or any other type of User Submission means obscene, harmful, indecent, defamatory, abusive, bullying, harassing, racist, hateful, or violent, or discriminatory based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age or other such legally prohibited ground, or be otherwise objectionable, such determination to be made in the sole discretion of NSECDIS. It includes but is not limited to ethnic slurs, religious intolerance, and homophobic or personal attacks.
User Submissions: means content, material, and information a user submits, posts, publishes, displays, or transmits (collectively, “submit”) to the website or to other users or persons.
If there are sections of the website that allow submission of comments or content by visitors, all submitted content is subject to moderation. NSECDIS and its moderators have the right, without provision of notice to:
- approve, edit, or reject content before it appears, sometimes causing a delay in the appearance of your submission/post/content.
- close discussion on a given topic or on any area of the website if it is deemed off-topic or to be no longer useful.
- move a discussion to a more appropriate area if the discussion is off topic in the area in which it is occurring,
Use of user ID and password
You are solely responsible for all usage or activity on your account. You are required to take reasonable efforts to ensure your ID, username, and password are protected and not used without your knowledge or consent or on your behalf by others. You must exercise caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You are responsible for any password misuse or any unauthorized access.
Use of the website by you
Each user must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
Under no circumstances will NSECDIS be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, liability for any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via government’s websites.
NSECDIS does not control user-supplied content posted to the websites and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. This means that the user, and not NSECDIS, is entirely responsible for all content that he or she uploads, posts, emails or otherwise transmits via the website.
No user shall transmit content or otherwise conduct or participate in any activities on the NSECDIS website that, in the judgment of NSECDIS, is likely to be prohibited by law in any applicable jurisdiction, including laws governing the encryption of software, the export of technology, the transmission of obscenity, or the permissible uses of intellectual property.
You may not provide to or post on or through the website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that constitutes unsolicited junk mail, spam, advertising, commercial offers, or attempts at deception or fraud. You may not repeat the same posting multiple times in a day or week.
You agree that your use of the Website and any User Submissions shall not:
- include or contain any material that is offensive or to provide to or post on or through the Website any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material that is offensive.
- involve stalking, attempting to exploit or harm any individual (including minors) in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise or ask for personal information as prohibited under applicable laws, regulations, or code.
- involve, provide, or contribute any false, inaccurate, or misleading information.
- impersonate or attempt to impersonate the NSECDIS, a NSECDIS employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertisements or promotions [without our prior written consent], sales, or encourage any other commercial activities, including, without limitation, any “spam”, “junk mail”, “chain letter”, contests, sweepstakes and other sales promotions, barter, or advertising or any other similar solicitation.
- encourage any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the NSECDIS or users of the Website or expose them to liability.
- cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, or alarm any other person.
- promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- give the impression that they originate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
You are responsible for ensuring that any graphics, text, photographs, images, video, audio or other material you provide to or post on the website, including without limitation in forums, blogs, wikis, and chats does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is provided or posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights.
The content on our Website is provided for general information purposes only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain more specific or professional advice before taking, or refraining from, any action or inaction on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties, or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete, or up to date. Your use of the Website is at your own risk NSECDIS has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for your use of this Website.
NSECDIS does not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify, or agree with the comments, opinions, or statements posted on forums, blogs, wikis, chats, or otherwise contained in the Website or content or User Submissions provided by third parties. Any information or material placed online, including advice and opinions, are the views and responsibility of those who post the statements and do not represent the views of NSECDIS.
Use of material supplied by you
For information regarding use of information about you that you may supply or communicate to the website, please see our Privacy statement (will need to insert link). None of the User Submissions you submit to the Website will be subject to any confidentiality by NSECDIS.
You understand and agree that you, not NSECDIS, are fully responsible for any User Submissions you submit or contribute, or are submitted or contributed on your account, and you are fully responsible and legally liable, including to any third party, for such content and its accuracy. We are not responsible or legally liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any User Submissions submitted by you or any other user of the Website.
Editing and deletions
NSECDIS reserves the right, but undertakes no duty, to review, edit, move or delete any material provided for display or placed on the website or its forums, blogs, wikis, chats, etc., or otherwise, in its sole discretion, without notice.
NSECDIS’ Website may link or pointers to third-party websites outside of our control. These links are solely for your convenience and information and do not constitute an endorsement of those websites, their contents, or the services provided on those sites. NSECDIS is not responsible for the accuracy, currency, or the reliability of the content. We make no representations about any other websites that may be accessed from this Website. If you choose to access any such sites, you do so at your own risk.
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval, or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the homepage. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The information and material on this Website may be changed, withdrawn, or terminated at any time in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Website is restricted to users or unavailable at any time or for any period.